Monday, March 12, 2012

"Click! And you're gone."

""I'm about fifty-fifty on believing in God," he said. "For most of my life, I've felt that there must be more to our existence than meets the eye."
    He admitted that, as he faced death, he might be overestimating the odds out of a desire to believe in an afterlife. "I like to think that something survives after you die," he said. "It's strange to think that you accumulate all this experience, and maybe a little wisdom, and it just goes away. So I really want to believe that something survives, that maybe your consciousness endures."
    He fell silent for a very long time. "But on the other hand, perhaps it's like an on-off switch," he said. "Click! And you're gone."
    Then he paused again and smiled slightly. "Maybe that's why I never liked to put on-off switches on my Apple devices.""

-- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson pg 1477






No comments:

Post a Comment