Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Momento Mori

Momento Mori. Remember you will die.

Victorious roman generals parading through the streets in celebration would hear a servant repeat this phrase to him. The point was to keep him humble.

I like that idea.

Although it can serve more than just as a humbling tool.

It can serve as a tool that should force you to do what your heart desires. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what that is. Some people might initially think that they want to tell their boss to go fuck them selves. Others might thing it means they want to go around groping people they find attractive.

That's not what I mean.

What I mean is finding the craft, the project, the purpose that fulfills you. Aka.. following your heart.

I've heard it a thousand times and the more I think about how fast my life is passing my by, the more I see there is no reason not to keep doing what I love to do.

In my case, it's create things. It can be music. It can be art work with a pencil and paper. It can be a spaceship with legos. It can even be a business or some device.

I want to really, really dig deep in to this. I want to see what Steve Jobs saw when he said "You are already naked, there is no reason not to follow your heart".


No comments:

Post a Comment